Re: Please Recommend a Front End App

От Wolfgang Keller
Тема Re: Please Recommend a Front End App
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kurt Gibson wrote:

> One important solution I created in Filemaker Pro requires very
> detailed and exact replication of official court forms with database
> data entered on the forms.  Imagine a form with small type, boxes and
> spacing that must be exactly as on the official form and data from
> the database on the form as printed to pdf.  One nice thing about
> Filemaker is that its reporting ability is very flexible.

There's a Python package which allows to create PDFs directly from
Postgres: Openreport. It's made by the same company which has also
implemented TinyERP (see below).

Otherwise, OpenOffice has a nice database interface which allows to
fill OO forms from Postgres, among others.

> I also have an extensive solution with approx 50 tables/databases to
> run my small business.

TinyERP? It uses Postgres.

> I am trying to migrate to linux and postgresql.  I love the MacOS but
> they just upgraded to 10.4 (tiger) and made 3 of my iMacs obsolete
> because they do not have on-board firewire so are not supported by
> 10.4.

Ouch. X-(

> Funny how Linux can be compiled to run on a 386 intel chip
> from a floppy drive but MacOS cannot now run without firewire on a 4
> year old computer.

Well, Jobs doesn't want to allow it to do so, because Apple needs to
pay the fuel bills for his bizjet, I guess...

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller