Re: PostgreSQL Performance on OpenBSD

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Performance on OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general

BM> Are these different from what is already in our docs?

FWIW, the docs for FreeBSD had numbers which were overkill for
semaphores when I did the setup.  My current values are these:

options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
# Maximum number of shared memory pages system wide.
options         SHMALL=262144
# Maximum size, in pages (4k), of a single System V shared memory region.
options         SHMMAXPGS=262144

# only need semaphores for PostgreSQL
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
# Maximum number of System V semaphores that can be used on the system at
# one time.
options         SEMMNI=32
# Total number of semaphores system wide
options         SEMMNS=512
# Maximum number of entries in a semaphore map.
options         SEMMAP=256

My SHM settings allow for up to 1GB of SHM, but I don't use that much
anymore after several rounds of tuning discussions on this list.

My only concern now is that my buffer cache isn't as big as I think it
should be, but perhaps I underestimate the locality of my data ;-)