Re: Replication options?

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Replication options?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>> serious testing; very large databases and lots of
>> traffic.

>> Note that Afilias paid for the development of Slony-I;

TL> ... because they were quite unhappy with erServer ...

The major point Jan brings up when you talk about this is that
eRServer offers a nice failover model.  But then what?  How do you get
back to your production server?  Swapping master/slave to do
maintenance on the master using eRServer is not really something a
mere mortal can do, either.  I paid for a license to use eRServer.  I
wouldn't ever do that again...  It was unable to solve my main problem
with multi-million row tables, but it did work on a small production
database with a few hundred rows just fine (albeit with 200MB+ memory
footprint!)

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD  +1-301-869-4449 x806
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/