Re: Database Server Tuning

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Database Server Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

JA>     I am planning on separating the OS, Data, WAL on to separate drives
JA> which will be mirrored. I am looking for input on setting kernel parameters,
JA> and Postgres server runtime parameters and other settings relating to

I did a bunch of testing with different RAID levels on a 14 disk
array.  I finally settled on this:  RAID5 across 14 disks for the
data, the OS (including syslog directory) and WAL on a RAID1 pair on
the other channel of the same controller (I didn't want to spring for
dual RAID controllers).  The biggest bumps in performance came from
increasing the checkpoint_buffers since my DB is heavily written to,
and increasing sort_mem.

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD  +1-301-869-4449 x806
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/