Re: MySql 'REPLACE'

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: MySql 'REPLACE'
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

JD> Replace into does an insert by default.  If however, there is
JD> already a record which would cause a unique index collision, then
JD> mysql does an update on that record.  I want to prevent my
JD> application from having to do all of that bookkeeping.

No, MySQL does not do an update in that case.  It deletes the existing
row, then does the insert.  This really screws you over when you have
auto incrementing (sequence) columns, and screws you when you are not
specifying every field in the row (those columns take their defaults,
not the original values of the old row).  It is really a useless
function, as far as I can tell.

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-240-453-8497
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: