Re: Is there a newer version of DBD::Pg?

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Is there a newer version of DBD::Pg?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>> I  use perl scripts to import data into my db.  When errors occurred
>> uploading files in Pg ver 7.3.x, $DBI::errstr used to return a row number
>> from the input file.  I could then go to the file make whatever changes and

GSM> 1.32 is the latest version. If you could provide a sample script that
GSM> shows the error you are getting, that would be great. Also, you may be
GSM> interested in the DBD::Pg mailing list. Information on the list can
GSM> be found at:

My experience has been that the 1.3x line of DBD::Pg is just plain
broken.  On one server running under mod_perl, all placeholder
substituted values were NULL by the time they reached postgres.  I've
had other issues with the quote() method returning undef.
Unfortunately those bugs were "not reproduced" even with the full test
cases by the devlopment team.

For my money I'm sticking with DBD::Pg 1.22 since it is completely
stable for me.

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD  +1-301-869-4449 x806
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/