Re: Disappointing performance in db migrated from MS SQL Server

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Disappointing performance in db migrated from MS SQL Server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

LO> project. The results so far have been disappointing, with Postgres
LO> performing queries in about the same time as SQL Server even though
LO> Postgres is running on a dedicated box with about 4 times the clock
LO> speed of the SQL Server box. For a chart of my results, please see
LO> http://leonout.com/pggraph.pdf for a graph of some test results.

Are you using transactions liberally?   If you have large groups of
inserts/updates, putting them inside transactions buys you a lot of
improvement by batching the writes to the WAL.

Also, increase your checkpoint_segments if you do a lot of writes.

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD  +1-301-869-4449 x806
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/