Re: pg_xlog becomes extremely large during CREATE INDEX

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: pg_xlog becomes extremely large during CREATE INDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-general

TL> However, that still doesn't explain how you got into the current state.
TL> Had you once had checkpoint_segments set much higher than the current
TL> value of 24?  On looking at the code I see that it doesn't make any
TL> attempt to prune future log segments after a decrease in
TL> checkpoint_segments, so if a previous misconfiguration had allowed the
TL> number of future segments to get really large, that could be the root of
TL> the issue.

Wow... that explains it!

I bumped up checkpoint segments to 50 for a restore since it made it
run way faster.  In normal operation I don't need that many so I
dropped it back down but it didn't reclaim any space so I figured I
might as well keep it at 50...

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD  +1-301-869-4449 x806
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/