Re: Now 376175 lines of code

От Gunnar R|nning
Тема Re: Now 376175 lines of code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I just counted lines, not line content.  Not sure which is more
> meaningful.  Our comments are as important as the code, sometimes,
> though they do not add functionality to the application.  I am not
> inclined to inflate numbers, but I am not sure the 59% number is
> accurate either.

Counting the number of lines is only meaningful as a relative measurement
of complexity and spent effort - IMHO. And I think lines of code
measurements usually ignore blank lines and lines with
comments. However, Preprocessor directives is code - and sometimes it would
be fair to add some extra lines for the increased complexity caused by cool
CPP macros ;-)

Regards, GunnarGunnar