Re: how good is PostgreSQL

От Gunnar R|nning
Тема Re: how good is PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Steve Wolfe" <steve@iboats.com> writes:

>   One of our competitors spent a very, very large deal of money on high-end
> Sun equipment, so that they could write their CGI stuff in Java servlets.
> It still ran slow.  We run Perl on machines that pale compared to theirs,
> and get far better performance. : )

You can always do it slow if you don't design properly. A former customer
saved a lot hardware and maintenance cost by migrating from a perl based
publishing system to a Java based one. Less hardware, better performance and
more functionality. ;-) The old perl system had been developed and maintained
over a 4 year period - the initial development of the new Java based system
took about 9 months.

regards,

    Gunnar