Re: Performance monitor

От Gunnar R|nning
Тема Re: Performance monitor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> My idea is that they can telnet into the server machine and do remote-X
> with the application.  Just set the DISPLAY variable and it should work.

Well, actually you would want to tunnel your X session through ssh if
security of the database server is of any importance...  But this works
fine on high bandwidth connections, but X is a real pain if you are sitting
with low bandwidth(e.g. cellphone connection when you're in the middle of
nowhere on your favorite vacation ;-)

regards,
Gunnar