Re: More on elog and error codes

От Gunnar R|nning
Тема Re: More on elog and error codes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > So we need some good error numbering scheme.  Any ideas?
>
> SQL9x specifies some error codes, with no particular numbering scheme
> other than negative numbers indicate a problem afaicr.
>
> Shouldn't we map to those where possible?

Good point, but I guess most of the errors produced are pgsql
specific. If I remember right Sybase had several different SQL types of error
mapped to one of the standard error codes.

Also the JDBC API provides methods to look at the database dependent error
code and standard error code. I've found both useful when working with
Sybase.

cheers,
Gunnar