Re: Re: JDBC Performance

От Gunnar R|nning
Тема Re: Re: JDBC Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Keith L. Musser" <kmusser@idisys.com> writes:

> I did try out Peter's new JDBC driver on two very simple query-only
> applications.  It was about 15% slower on one of the apps and 10% faster
> on the other, compared with jdbc7.0-1.2.jar.  It worked correctly on
> both tests.
>
> Neither is particularly representative, but the fact that one's faster
> an one's slower is surprising.  I have not had the time to dig into why
> the discrepancy.

I assume you mean the driver the modifications I posted, unless Peter
hasn't checked in anything to CVS recently that I am unaware off ? (I'm not
online with my CVS snapshot at the moment...)

I would sure like to see your applications(or the differences between
them), so I can take a look at analyzing the discrepancies. Also platform
information like jdk version, vendor and OS information is interesting. I
suspect that the optimizations I did can have different effects depending
on the cost of allocating new objects in a specific environment.

Regards,

    Gunnar