Re: Performance and Clustering

От Jaime Rodriguez
Тема Re: Performance and Clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks a lot for all your responses

I am impress, really impress. I never though I could get this amount of responses in this shorter time. Wonderful support :)
Thanks a lot :) :)

I don't have details, I'll get them really soon. But all your input is really valuable. I have much more information. I'll continue my research. I'll spend a lot of time reading at wiki :P :)

I am agree, 4k requests seams to be toooo much and crazy. I hope that my contact was wrong and it's only 400, which looks to be manageable.

Once again, thanks a lot, I have a lot of information. Really appreciate your valuable time.

Thanks :)

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Jaime Rodriguez
> <jaime.rodriguez@liberux.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>> Today is my first day looking at PostgreSQL
>> I am looking to migrate a MS SQL DB to PostgreSQL :) :)
>> My customer requires that DBMS shall support 4000 simultaneous requests
>> Also the system to be deploy maybe a cluster, with 12 microprocessors
>
> I'm gonna jump in here and say that if you 400 REQUESTS running at the
> same time, you're gonna want a REALLY big machine.

I hate my keyboard... I meant to say:

.. if you really need 4000 requests running at the same time...

--
Ing. Jaime Rodríguez Quesada, Mag
Liberux S.A.