n00b question: createdb seeming to fail quietly on new ubuntu 9.1 installation

От Wells Oliver
Тема n00b question: createdb seeming to fail quietly on new ubuntu 9.1 installation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just did an install via apt-get of 8.4 and ... well ... I was able to set the password for the postgres user, then I log in and type:

createdb test

It goes quietly, which according to the documentation is a success, but...

\l doesn't show the database. Nor does /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.4-main.log indicate any issue.

Secondly, adding a user seems to work, but I can't create the DB for the user (same issue as above). Any tips? Anything I can look at? This is a brand spanking new fresh 8.4 installation using the packages included in the 9.1 ubuntu packages.

Thanks!

--
Wells Oliver
wells@submute.net