Re: [INTERFACES] [ANN] pg.el v0.2 -- Emacs Lisp interface to PostgreSQL

От Eric Marsden
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] [ANN] pg.el v0.2 -- Emacs Lisp interface to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
 hl> I am asking a dumb question here, so please be patient. Does hl> this mean that given pg.el you have to write
elispfunctions in hl> order to make use of it? hl>  hl> Is the "defun demo()" above an example of such a function?  If
Ihl> understand correct, to use pg.el, I would write an elisp function in hl> emacs and then evaluate it.  Have I got
thisright?

Hi Hugh,

That's right. demo is an example of the type of elisp a programmer
would write to access PostgreSQL from Emacs. You can also play around
with it interactively:
 ELISP> (setq conn (pg:connect "template1" "postgres" "postgres")) <struct cl ...> ELISP> (setq res (pg:exec conn
"SELECT* from scshdemo WHERE a=42")) <struct cl ...> ELISP> (pg:result res :status) "SELECT"

etc

I intend to get together with someone else who has written some table
browsing stuff for Emacs to produce a browsing interface to PostgreSQL
for the end user, but I haven't had time yet.
--
Eric Marsden
It's elephants all the way down