Re: unicode match normal forms

От goldgraeber-werbetechnik@t-online.de
Тема Re: unicode match normal forms
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Gianni,

many thanks for your detailed response.
It turned out that my postgresql installation is too old for normalize,so I will probably
a) use an external script to normalize existing data
b) change application code to normalize data before inserting or searching

Regards
Wolfgang
>> On 17 May 2021 13:27:40 -0000
>> hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
>> > in unicode letter ä exists in two versions - linux and windows use a
>> > composite whereas macos prefers the decomposed form. Is there any way
>> > to make a semi-exact match that accepts both variants?
>> handles the inserting. NFC is the "usually sensible" normal form to
>> use.
>> apply the `normalize(text[,form])→text` function to the values
>>   begin
>>     new.filename := normalize(new.filename);
>>     return new;
>>   end;
>>   $$ language plpgsql;
>>   before insert or update
>>   on that_table
>>   for each row
>>   execute function normalize_filename();
>>     GPG public key fingerprint = A071 E618 DD2C 5901 9574
>>                                  6FE2 40EA 9883 7519 3F88
>>                         key id = 0x75193F88

Сообщение: Re: unicode match normal forms
Сообщение: Re: unicode match normal forms