Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1

От
Тема Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 02 May 2005 16:07:07 +1000Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> wrote:

>> I claim that if you have a problem with #1 you ought to
>go discuss it with some TCP hackers: you basically want to
second-guess the TCP
>> stack's ideas about appropriate timeouts.
>
>Well, no -- you might want to set a different timeout for
>PostgreSQL connections than for other connections. Is
>there a way to change the socket timeout for some subset
>of the processes on the machine without hacking the client
>or server source? You might also want to set this timeout
>on a more granular basis (e.g. per user, per database,
>etc.) Implementing this via setting a socket option
>(provided it can be done portably) would be fine with me.

You are right Neil.. A machine can make more than one
connection to same server. Some of them are database
connection and some only to OS conneciton. For Example :
Oracle has an parameter to find and kill dead sessions..

PostgreSQL can run on different OS.I think this is solved
database level rather than OS level.

Best Regards,

Adnan DURSUN
ASRIN Bili?im Hiz.Ltd.