Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1

От
Тема Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 1 May 2005 19:35:01 +0200 (CEST)Dennis Bjorklund <db@zigo.dhs.org> wrote:
>On Sun, 1 May 2005 adnandursun@asrinbilisim.com.tr wrote:
>
>> If a database wants to get bigger on the usage these
>settings like this
>> must be implemented.
>
>Lucky thing that postgresql is open source so you or
>anyone else that need
>it can implement or sponsor it. Postgresql gets as good as
>we make it and
>nothing happens unless someone that need a feature sit
>down and implement
>it.
 Yes, i agree with you so i havent' sit down and i discuss
with you a feature that will be getting more availability
to PostgreSQL database.All the thing that i want is to get
large usage PostgreSQL in my country. I discuss a lot of
ppl about postgresql database and i try to convince the ppl
to use the PostgreSQL.

>> First, a database must have real database features, not
>extreme
>> features.
>
>Different people have different needs. For me this have
>not even once been
>a problem, so it's not something that I personally will
>lose any sleep
>over. It doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome that someone else
>work on it.
  Yes, but you have developed a database application so,
there are a few principal features must be added instead of
extreme features.
  I would never wait a minute to join postgresql
development group, if i knew enough C/C++ . I can do only
to talk ppl and convince them to use open source software
like PostgreSQL. The features that we discuss here to grown
up the usage of the PostgreSQL database. I am a DBA. I know
some other databases like Oracle, MSSQL etc.

Adnan DURSUN
ASRIN Bilisim Hiz.Ltd.

От: Dennis Bjorklund
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1