Re: Date Validation?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Date Validation?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Richard,

> Out of curiosity Josh, why aren't you validating in PHP? - only takes
> couple of lines there.

We are.  It's just that all other validation takes place inside the
PL/pgSQL functions in order to keep all the business logic in the
database.  Having one form of validation in the interface (PHP) and the
rest in the function can cause the user to go through multiple
validation errors, which is especially frustrating if the second
validation error is fatal.  Example:

USER: '2001-06-31'

PHP Validation: '2001-06-31 is not a valid date.'

USER: '2001-06-30'

PL/pgSQL FUNCTION: 'Your session has timed out.  Please log back in.'

See what I mean?  Not a showstopper, but it mars our otherwise
user-friendly validation formula.

-Josh

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: