Re: help

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: help
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Arun,

>     accidently i deleted template1 directory fro /var/local/base
>  wihich
> contains database files. what can i do now. if i reinstall will my
>  other
> databases work without any problem. now when i try to create new
>  database
> with CREATEDB command, it gives error that template1 dir not found.
>  what
> best can i do now to get my databases working.
>    thanking you

Since Postmaster seems to be running, follow these steps:

1. using pg_dump, back up all databases.
2. write down all of your database users and their passwords.
3. Back up your databases using pg_dump again, to different files.
  Make sure everything is there ... spot-check some of the files.
   Count the files and count the databases.   Be very, very sure you
 have everything.  (WARNING! If you are using a BETA version of
 postgresql, or version 7.1.0 or 7.0.1, pg_dump may not function
 perfectly and you should stop here!)
4. Delete everything in the pgsql/data/ directory.
5. Run initdb.
6. Re-create the users and CREATEDB databases that we just deleted.
7. Restore each database from the pg_dump files, as the appropriate
 user.

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: