Re: behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom, Mike:

> In our last go-round on this (pghackers around 14 Jan 2001),
> Mike Mascari wrote:
>
> : I don't have Office 2000, but I can confirm Access 97 generates
> such
> : queries. The query-builder doesn't generate the 'key = NULL' query,
> but the
> : use of the Forms interface does.

As someone who develops professionally for MSAccess<->ODBC Servers
(PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server) I'd say that we can ignore this.  There
are a *lot* of circumstances where the "Filter by Form" interface breaks
down; I don't think that it works properly with MS SQL Server 7.0,
either.

At most, rather than modifying the query parser and building extra
compile-time options, how about talking to the Great bridge folks about
modifying PgODBC?  That seems like the appropriate place to tell the
system that "= NULL" is equivalent to "IS NULL" -- if anywhere.

-Josh Berkus

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: