Re: Is there an opensource Mac OSX equivalent to

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Is there an opensource Mac OSX equivalent to
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Phillip,

> Is there an opensource Mac equivalent to pgAdmin or pgAccess?

Not Open Source.  Heavy Lifters, Inc. publishes pgMac, which is free
 for non-commercial use:
http://www.pgmac.com
... however, you gotta pay for commercial use.  And I don't think you
 get the source code.  It's a good product, though.

> I have looked for a few days and don't seem to find anything.
>   Perhaps it
> means doing a compile myself for pgAdmin or pgAccess since they do
>  have Unix
> source code.

pgAdmin is Windows-only.  Believe me, I've tried, but it depends on MS
 ODBC and the VB/COM widget set.  pgAccess has, as of 7.2, fallen so
 far behind PostgreSQL development as to be unusable; I'd love to see
 someone re-start this project, but I don't do Tcl.

For more limited but somewhat graphical Postgres access, have you
 considered phpPgAdmin?  It gives you web browser access to the
 database tables, and runs easily on Apache/PHP/Postgres/OSX.1

-Josh Berkus