Re: behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: behavior of ' = NULL' vs. MySQL vs. Standards
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom,

>Microsoft Access is the guilty party, IIRC.  I recently tried to stir
> up
> some interest in changing this behavior back to the standard, but
> apparently there are still too many people using broken versions of
> Access.

Which verison?  I work with MSAccess 97 a lot, and the supported syntax
is "IS NULL".

> A compromise answer might be to offer a SET variable that selects the
> Microsoft-compatible misimplementation.  Would that fly?

Sounds good to me.  By default, I'd like to see "=NULL" turned OFF, as
I've been writing my SQL on the idea that "=NULL" will return NULL, and
if "=NULL" starts returning a value it's going to screw several things
up ...

-Josh