Re: pgadmin

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pgadmin
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Leonardo,

> i've got pgadmin II v 1.2 and postgre 7.1.1 and I'm having trouble
> connecting to my database.  Pgamin is running on xp and postgre is
> running on a redhat linux box.

Let me warn you right off; PGAdmin, as far as I know, has not been
 tested with XP.

> The error i'm getting happens when i'm trying to connect:
> Number: -214721843
> database sbm

> There is a line in my pg_hba.conf that reads:
> host         sbm         192.168.0.2   255.255.255.255    password
> leoj
>
> I've tried it with with a number of combination including:
> host   all   192.168.0.2   255.255.255.0    trust
> host   sbm   192.168.0.2   255.255.255.255  ident  leoj
>
> I've started postmaster with -i and I have tcpip_socket = true in
> postgresql.conf.

I've run into this problem before.  Generally, it's caused by one of a
 few things:
1) I actually have *two* pg_hba.conf files on my machine, and
 Postmaster is reading the wrong one due to wrong startup parameters.
2) I need to stop and re-start postmaster because it isn't noticing the
 change for some reason.
3) My local DNS is screwed up, and the Postgres server is seeing the
 client machine as the wrong IP.

If none of those is the case, then try joining the pgsql-odbc list and
 see if anyone else can help you.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com