Re: SQL Date Challenge

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: SQL Date Challenge
Дата
Re: SQL Date Challenge  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-sql
Folks,
Thanks for your suggestions.  Apparently I wasn't clear enough about
what I'm trying to do:

> > SELECT ALL Wednesdays BETWEEN 5/1/01 AND 6/1/01;
> >

> somthing like:
>
> select date from xx where to_char(date,'fmdy') = 'wed';
This doesn't solve my problem, as the suggestion above presupposes that
I have a temp table of all possible dates in the range, or
misunderstands that I am trying to find all Wednesdays in column x.
I am trying to list all Wednesdays that are *not* in column x.
This requires me to build a list of all possible Wednesdays (within a
date range), preferably *without* first having a table of all dates in
existance!  Some sort of manipulation of the date processor should be
possible, shouldn't it?

-Josh Berkus