SQL Date Challenge

От Josh Berkus
Тема SQL Date Challenge
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Folks,
Can anyone come up with a purely declarative (i.e. SQL) way to SELECT
all of the Wednesdays within a given time period?  Or is there, perhaps,
some trick of the PGSQL date parser I could use?
I can think of a number of ways to do this procedurally, but that's
very awkward for what I need to use the information (to select all
wednesdays within the last two months for which each staff emember has
not turned in a timecard).  I'm considering using a regularly updated
reference table, but it seems like there *must* be a more elegant
solution.
Basically, what I want is:

SELECT ALL Wednesdays BETWEEN 5/1/01 AND 6/1/01;
Which results in:

Wednesdays
5/2/01
5/9/01