Re: PL/PGSQL function problem

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PL/PGSQL function problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Mark,

Whoa!  Based on this, you are ready to join the pgsql-sql list.  This is not a
 novice question!

> Can someone tell me if there's a fairly obvious reason why when I run a
>  function I've written it runs twice?
>
> Here's the code (replete with debug - sorry). The basic structure has a
>  number of nested 'for' loops. The trace debug
> reveals that it's running twice through yet I'm only issueing "select
>  generateshiftcandidatedata();" x 1.

Um ... how are you calling the function?  From psql?  And when you say "it runs
 twice", what do you mean, exactly?  Myabe you could paste the relevant portion
 of the debug output?

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com