Re: won't drop the view

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: won't drop the view
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Oleg,

> 1. I am using PostgreSQL 7.1.2
> 2. Linux RedHat 7.1
> 3. Pentium II 400 with 256 Megs of RAM
>     14 out of 17 Gigs are free (there is only one disk on this
> system)
> 4. Here is the view definition:
<snip>
> 5. None of the tables involved in the view has BLOBs in it.
>     Row count for the tables are as follows:
>     activity:    253
>     media:    12406
>     set:         826
>     intsetmedia:    22916
>     mediatypemap: 25
>     datatable:    318
>     dtcol:       1698
>     dtrow:      18406
>     dtrowmedia: 10238
>
> 6. I didn't have debug on when running vacuum, so I can't tell you if
> it
> raised any errors.

Damn.  I can only really help with the obvious things, and you've
covered most of those.  That view should take a long time, given the
complexity ... but a long time is 30-60 seconds, not 10 minutes.

Therefore:

1. Turn up the debug level in postgres.conf
2. Re-start postgresql, and open a console to tail the log.
3. Watch the log as you:a) Vacuum Analyzeb) SELECT from the view again
4. Hope that one of the core team looks into your question.

Beyond that, we're down to monkeying with Postgres' memory settings;
it's possible (but not likely) that you've exhausted the available sort
memory and Postgres is getting stuck in swap-access.  However, that's
just a stab in the dark.

-Josh