Re: calling a function within a view causes problems doing a pg_dumpall

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: calling a function within a view causes problems doing a pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Juerg,

> I need to transfer a db form one to another server. I wanted to do
> this
> with pg_dumpall and psql -e ....

Have you tried just using pg_dump instead of pg_dumpall?  I understand
that there were a few bugs in pg_dumpall, and pg_dump will mean less
data to transfer.

> CREATE FUNCTION buildString(bpchar) RETURNS text AS '
>         DECLARE
>                 list           text;
>                 rec          record;
>         BEGIN
>         list := '''';
>           FOR rec IN SELECT z_u_umfang FROM zylinder_umfang WHERE
> z_u_typ
> = $1;
>              list := list || text(rec.z_u_umfang) || '','';
>           END LOOP;
>           RETURN list;
>         END;
> ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

It would be nice to see the errors you're getting when you try to
restore.  Could it be as simple as the dump file trying to create the
view before the function?  Or plpgsql not being defined as a language on
the target server?

BTW, there is a better-performance way to do the same thing you're doing
with that function.  Please browse the list archives with a search for
'catenate' -- you'll find a discussion of custom aggregates which
concatinate strings.

-Josh

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: