Re: Dateadd

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Dateadd
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Folks,
FYI - this difference in syntax is because PostgreSQL implements real
SQL operators (i.e. what the operator does and what arguments it takes
depend on the data types involved) and Microsoft does not (in MS SQL,
operators mean the same thing for almost all data types).
Speaking of which, why doesn't PostgreSQL allow the use of "+" between
two VARCHARs to mean the same as "||" ?  Is there an addition operation
for PgSQL for VARCHAR other than concatination?

-Josh

> > I need to know if there is a sql function implemented in postgres
> that gives
> > me a date plus any number of days, months or years (the traditional
> dateadd
> > function) or how to do it in sql?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: