Re: Need help with a college SQL exam question...

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Need help with a college SQL exam question...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"dejauser":

> Its coming close to my January examinations, and
> while revising I got stuck in the follwing question.
> I literally spent hours trying to solve it but I
> just can't :(

hmmm ... I don't think it's according to the honor code to ask us to
help with your exams.  ;-)

> And the question is;
> Using SQL (using SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, COUNT(*), etc..)
> write a query
> to list the names of customers who have borrowed cars made by every
> maker.

It's doable.  Just think "nested subselects" and heavy use of the HAVING
clause.  They're also screwing with you by providing an irrelevant table
(shop) and not providing a relevant table (makers).  If I was the
professor, I'd give the question writer a D+ for database design ...

-Josh

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: