Re: It's dead and won't get up!!

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: It's dead and won't get up!!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
David,

> thanks for all of the input everyone.  I believe you have helped lead
> me to the
> problem.  two days ago iI ran out of room on the partition.  Postgres
> was
> running at the time, but complaining about the fact that it was out
> of room.
> so in an effort to make more room I foolishly removed what I thought
> was a test
> db.  that was where postgres looks for its configuration info.  when
> postgres
> died today it wasn't able to find that info for the restart.  If it
> wouldn't
> have died for whatever reason today it would never have needed to
> locate those
> files.  I guess it's time to reload postgres.  Any suggestions aout
> how?

You deleted Template1?

Well, if you have a filesystem backup you can restore it that way.  Or,
if you have a database backup, you can re-install postgresql from
scratch, and restore that database from backup.

If you have no backups, then you are DOA.
Just as if you typed "rm -rf /* " with no backups.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Сообщение: Re: It's dead and won't get up!!
Сообщение: Re: It's dead and won't get up!!