Re: Left join error

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Left join error
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ligia,

> ERROR:  MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size 4294967293

This sounds like a memory/server configuration problem.  have you had
any other errors running PostgreSQL?  Can you post your machine
configuration (processor, memory, other services, etc.)?

Though I'm not sure this is the best list for runtime problems.
However, I'm not sure what the right list would be.  Hey, Marc, how
about a PGSQL-PERFORMANCE list?

> select * from cheques left join formasenblanco on cheques.cheque=
> formasenblanco.cheque where formasenblanco.cheque is null;

I don't believe that this will get you the results you are seeking, even
when the techincal problem gets fixed.    I think what you really want
is:

SELECT *
FROM cheques
WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT f.cheque FROM formasenblanco f     WHERE f.cheque = cheques.cheque);

-Josh