Re: pgaccess/msaccess

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pgaccess/msaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Lee,

> I don't have alot of time to 'dig'........:(.......is there a URL i
> can
> find that will direct me in doing this.........i'm defintely not a
> newbie
> at linux but I guess I am with postgres stuff ........

At Techdocs (http://techdocs.postgresql.org/) there are several papers
on MS Access and postgresql.  Also, Wrox Press's new book on PostgreSQL
has a chapter on MS Access and PostgreSQL.  Finally, if you run into
problem with this, join the PGSQL-ODBC mailing list, where you can talk
to other users who are using Postgres with MS Access and Visual Basic.

> will the above work even tough I"m on an end-user machine ie: no
> server......

No.  Postgres requires one of the following:
*nix computer (Linux, Unix, BSD, OS X, etc.)
WIndows NT or 2000 server.

Postgres will not, as far as I know, run on Windows 98.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com