Re: pgaccess/msaccess

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pgaccess/msaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Lee,

> I know pgaccess is one of the nicest interfaces? for those converting
> over from say
> msaccess use but are there utilities that will convert? a msaccess
> database for use
> in pgaccess..if not is it much of a chore to do so....

PgAccess's interface building tools are not complete at this time, nor
are likely to be anytime soon that I know of.

Further, it's pretty much impossible to convert an MSAccess interace
directly into anything else.  Database Creations makes a tool that
converts MSAccess to Visual Basic, but not even that works 100% of the
the time.

The reccomended course of action, if you have an established MS Access
application, is to convert your data to a PostgreSQL database, and keep
your forms and interface code in MS Access, accessing PostgreSQL via
ODBC.

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com