Re: Calling plSQL functions

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Calling plSQL functions
Дата
Re: Calling plSQL functions  (Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Lonnie,

It may be that you have not linked the PL/pgSQL language in Postgres.

It may be that you are putting a SELECT statement inside your function.

It is hard to tell, becuase I am unclear on the problem youa re having,
exactly.  Here's some terminology to help clarify:

PL/pgSQL is the extension of SQL written by Jan Wieck used to write
functions in PostgreSQL.

PSQL is the command-line interface tool for the PostgreSQL database.

PL/SQL is a procedure-writing language for Oracle which does not work on
PostgreSQL at all, although it was the inspiration for PL/pgSQL.

Please re-state you difficulty, and I can probably help you.

-Josh Berkus