Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Henrik,

> do you seriously think that I should vacuum frequently
> updated/inserted
> tables every 120 seconds ?
>
> This is what it says in the manual and what I have been doing until
> today:
>
> "You should run VACUUM periodically to clean out expired rows. For
> tables that are heavily modified, it is useful to run VACUUM
> every night in an automated manner. For tables with few
> modifications, VACUUM should be run less frequently. The command
> exclusively
> locks the table while processing. "
>
> And:
>
> "You should run VACUUM ANALYZE when a table is initially loaded and
> when a table's data changes dramatically. "

That's the postgres *7.1* manual you're reading.   You need to read the
7.2 online manual; VACUUM has changed substantially.

-Josh Berkus

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?