Re: is it easy to change the create sequence algorithm?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: is it easy to change the create sequence algorithm?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Kevin,

> I see in the docs that when I create a column that is of type SERIAL,
> the engine automatically creates the sequence for me, named
> TABLE_COLUMN_seq.  That's great until the table name + column name
> lengths are > 27 chars, then it starts chopping, and you guessed it,
> I have multiple table/column combinations that don't differ until
> after that length.

This would require hacking the Postgres source code.

Sure you don't wanna just create the sequences manually?

If you're sure, post your question to psql-Hackers to find out where
the SERIAL code is located.

-Josh

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: