Re: Another postgres 'file not found' error

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Another postgres 'file not found' error
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ian,

> This is the second time within a week I've been hit by a peculiar
> 'file not
> found' error. I've been replacing a few existing Oracle servers with
> Postgres. I'm wondering if that was a wise decision :/

Not if you don't know how to run PostgreSQL or your machines, no. Migrating to a new platform without sufficient
testingor expertise

is always unwise (sorry, but you deserved that for the dig at
Postgres).

> inbound=# update store set state = 0, timestamp = 'now' where
> timestamp <
> (CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - interval '30 seconds') and accountid = '6';
> ERROR:  cannot open segment 1 of relation store_ix1 (target block
> 1576985508): No such file or directory

Either:
1. You have a bad PostgreSQL install.  What OS are you using?
2. You are out of disk space on the PostgreSQL partition.
3. You are having hardware errors, such as a corrupt HDD.
4. Your OS is having disk or file management errors.

Regardless, you'd better shutdown Postgres and defer all work on the
database until you've diagnosed your hardware/configuration problem.  I
hope you have a previous backup, as you may find that you need to
revert to an earlier backup to restore your data.

-Josh Berkus

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: