Re: Where info on new releases?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Where info on new releases?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Mr. Reyes,

> I just noticed a new version is available, but I can't find what is
> new.
> I have had this problem every time there is a new release.
>
> Where can I find this info?
> Why isn't there a link to what's new right on the page?

Whenever a new version is released, it gets posted to the news on the
main page at http://www.postgresql.org/ (and mirrors).  The "new
release" you are talking about was released about 2 months ago, so it is
no longer as new as some other news.

If you're concerned about knowing immediately as things develop, I
suggest that you subscribe to the pgsql-announce list, so that you will
be sent e-mail when a new version releases, as well as any other major
developments.

Even better, how about becomeing involved in contributing to the
project?  If you were actively participating, you might come to know of
new releases before they happen, and what's in them as well!

Remember, this is Open Source -- not television.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Вложения