Re: password function for PostgreSQL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: password function for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hodges,

> The web interface is written with PHP so I may have to simply encrypt
> the password with a PHP function before storing or comparing it.

This is the recommended approach.  Further, you should do the actual
encryption call in an included php file (rather than the main login
page) for security.

If you are designing a PHP/Postgres application, I recommend that you
join the pgsql-php mailing list.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com