Re: [SQL] Why very high CPU usage

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [SQL] Why very high CPU usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Samuel,

> I ran a search query against two tables keywords and catalog.
> Keywords table has about 765,000 records and catalog hase about
> 147,000 records. The query returns 9,000 records. This query had 70 -
> 80% of CPU usage.  Are there any configuration parameter(s) that I
> need to check and change ?

And this is a problem because .... ?

High CPU usage is a *good* thing.  Under perfect tuning, Postgres would
hit about 97% CPU usage ... for about 0.1 seconds (or less, depending
on your processor).  The more CPU power used, the faster the query is
solved.

If you're having performaince problems, I suspect that they are located
somewhere other than your CPU.

-Josh Berkus