Re: Starting Postmaster at boot

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Starting Postmaster at boot
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Mr. Dougherty,

> Can someone let me know what files I edit in SuSE 7.2 in order have
> Postmaster started when the system boots?

You need to add an "init" script to your /etc/init.d/ directory. SuSE
RPMs do this themselves, which is why you haven't had to do it before.
If you can hang on for a week, I'll write up the procedure for techdocs
(and supply a SuSE script).

If you're in a hurry, I believe that the paper on installing PostgreSQL,
PHP & Apache already at techdocs.postgresql.org mentions this but does
not go into a lot of detail.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus