Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [SQL] 16 parameter limit
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom,

> Still, I do not really see the value of adding a configure argument.
> Anyone who can't figure out how to tweak this in pg_config.h is
> probably
> not ready to run a non-default configuration anyhow.

I disagree *very* strongly.  Given that the documentation on
pg_config.h was removed from the idocs and that Pater has made noises
about removing pg_config.h entirely, it is not a substitute for
command-line configure options.

> If the consensus is to raise the default from 16 to 32, I won't
> object.
> Beyond that, I'd start asking questions about who's measured the
> performance hit and what they found.

If you can suggest a reasonable test, I will test this at 32, 64, 128
and 256 parameters to settle this issue.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com