Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Mike,

> psql ids -c 'select src,dst,count(*) from brick* where src_port=135
> group by src,dst' > /tmp/135.dat
>
> and I get:
>
> ERROR: out of free buffers: time to abort !
>
> Any ideas on how to get this query to run?

You may be using the default buffer settings for Postgres on a large
database. Or your computer may be running a lot of software and not
have enough physical memory.

Suggestion:
1. Check memory usage on your machine.
2. If memory usage is low, adjust the "Shared Buffer" setting in the
postgresql.conf file. It defaults to 16; I have mine set at 2048.
3. For more tuning help, see techdocs.postgresql.org.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Вложения