Re: Requests for Development

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Requests for Development
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Jan,

>     To put the ball back into your  yard,  I'd  like  to
> make  a
>     request  too.   There  seem  to be alot people using
> PL/pgSQL
>     and/or PL/Tcl extensively.  OTOH there are newbies
> again  and
>     again asking for a good tutorial, programming
> examples and so
>     on. Writing a good tutorial doesn't require  a  good
> backend
>     developer,  IMHO  an  experienced SQL-programmer
> would be the
>     better guy anyway. During the past 4 years  I've
> heard  over
>     and  over that people would like to contribute their
> $0.05 if
>     they only could code in C. That's an area where
> nobody  needs
>     any C experience.

Point taken.  Hmmm... when we finish the current project, I
ought to have more than a few dozen PL/PGSQL functions as
examples.  I can definitely talk to my help writer about
dressing those up into an educational "chapter".  It'll cost
me a little more than $0.05, but is only my fair
contribution.  Look for something in february-march.

-Josh Berkus

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: