Re: Problem with sequences

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Problem with sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Vladimir,

> I notice that when I execute "select nextval('sequence_name'::text)
> AS
> sname;", via DBI, the value of sequence is updated, but the mod_perl
> returns
> "DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  sequence_name.nextval: you don't
> have
> permissions to set sequence"

Your issue is either:
1. You are not connecting from Perl as the same user you connect as to
psql, and the perl user does not have any/many rights to the database.
2. There is some issue with authentication of users for Perl::DBI.

Unfortunately, you are probably not going to find people on this list
capable of diagnosing either problem.  Try the pgsql-interfaces list
instead. (http://postgresql.advancecreations.com/users-lounge/index.html)

-Josh Berkus