Re: problem connecting to pg.

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: problem connecting to pg.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"postgresql":

> I am experimenting with running PG 7.1.2 on Mac OSX. I seem to
> have a problem with getting my users to connect. This works
> beautifully when connect to my linux box.

Hmm ... this probably isn't the right list for you.  Try pgsql-general
or pgsql-interfaces.  As yet, there is no specific OSX resource.

Some general advice (and please take this off-list if you reply):
1. Make sure that postmaster is starting successfully (and not crashing
right after start).
2. Make sure that postmaster is starting in TCP/IP mode ( -i ).
3. Make sure that OSX's built-in firewall isn't blocking Port 5432.
4. Try setting a log file for postgresql and monitor it when you try to
connect.
5. Make sure that the access file (pg_hba.conf) allows access from your
client machine.

Personally, I'd be interested in hearing about your problems/successes.
We're planning to port Postgres to OSX.1 as soon as it comes out.

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Вложения