Re: Eh?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Eh?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom,

> > SHould I be concerned about this?
>
> > DEBUG:  geqo_main: using edge recombination crossover [ERX]
>
> Nope.  See
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/geqo.html

Cool!  I love it when I actually get the chance to see some advance
theory applied.  And congrats on implementing it!

Of course, we'll see if it really boosts query optimization when there's
a full data population.  This view has 3 UNION statements, 11
subselects, 35 JOINS, and calls on 3 custom formatting functions (two of
them many times).  A good "destruction test" for the GEQO, hey?  The
only thing I'm missing is a couple of LEFT OUTER JOINS and maybe a WHERE
NOT EXISTS.

-Josh

P.S. The purpose of the view is to "flatten" a large chunk of complex
relational data into a comma-delimited text table to be imported into an
accounting program.

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Вложения